It’s that time of year that everyone dreads. On top of your normal work and the holidays, it is time to finalize your planning for the next year. If you and your team are like most other teams, you have a lot of great ideas for the upcoming year, but you are struggling to organize them or even what all you should cover in your planning sessions.
We have compiled three lists of relevant questions that you can utilize with your team to make sure that 2020 is your best year yet. The three areas we cover are Reviewing 2019, Reviewing Customer Care, and Reviewing Your Leads Process.
List #1: Review 2019
In Review 2019, you will have the opportunity to gather meaningful information from every single one of your teammates. We recommend sending this to each and every name on your payroll either in an email or a Google Form. A Google Form will make sure that the information is secure and organized. If you’re not sure how to get started with that, check out this guide.
The information you learn from your team in Review 2019 will help you recognize the accomplishments of your team along with getting ahead of any red flags.
List #2: Review Customer Care
In Review Customer Care, you will be able to quantify how well your customer service is doing. Much like the first list, you will be able to pinpoint if there are any glaring communication issues while you will also be able to reward your team’s successes.
Since our customers are one of our top priorities, we take listening to and solving your problems very seriously. By knowing your response times, you can ensure you, your team, and your customers value a timely response.
List #3: Review Leads Process
If you happen to partner with a marketing agency, it might be worth asking to schedule some consultation time on this one so that they can help you better understand your various channels. The most successful leads processes will be ones created in partnership with your marketing team and your sales team.
This will help you realize which channels are the most effective, which ones could use some improvement, and which ones you should still have a presence in, but will not necessarily every be huge lead sources.
This list of questions will also help you realize if you are missing out on any channels or opportunities.
We have included the lists below for you to read through and utilize with your team. If you would like to hear about how Pentaflex is preparing for 2020, please contact us through our form or call us at 937-325-5551.
- Send out a questionnaire to the entire team asking for feedback
- What went well this year?
- What could have gone better?
- What is the number one area that you believe needs improvement in 2020? What are your ideas for that improvement?
- What is one experience where you believe we ‘wowed’ our customers this year?
- What is one skill you improved on in 2019 that you believe had a direct benefit on the company?
- What is one skill you would like to improve in 2020 and why?
Review Customer Care
- Find out on average how long it took your team to respond to a customer correspondence (either by phone or email)
- Find out on average how long it took your team to resolve a customer issue (either by phone or email)
- Are these averages that you believe can be improved?
- Set goals for 2020
Review Leads Process
- What channel was the most successful at garnering new leads this year?
- Social media, website, referral, email campaign, cold calling, trade shows, etc.
- How can you capitalize on this channel in 2020?
- Are there any characteristics of the most successful channel that you can also try using in other less successful channels?
- What channels did you not fully take advantage of this year?
- What are two new channels that you will try to use in 2020?
- How successful was your CRM (Customer Relationship Manager) system this year?
- When was the last time you cleaned your contact list?
- Are you using this list to send worthwhile information to your customers throughout the year about special promotions and when it is time to reorder?